RE: print output

Ture it is not trivial but mantaining three diffenent docs on the same
subject is not trival in its self either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sco.COM]
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 5:40 PM
To: kwall@kurtwerks.com; shelton@usq.edu.au
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: print output

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 04:54:31PM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> % Hello,
> %
> % Futher to my question on the print output of XML processing, does
DOCKBOOK
> % have the tags for leaving things out for different audiences? ie do you
have
> % one doc with the User Guide, Tech Guide, and context sensitive help? Or
do
> % these have to be three seperate, different docs?

And if you want to mark specific content within files for
different audiences, DocBook provides a set of effectivity
attributes for that purpose.  These are included in the set
of common attributes that are available on most elements.

[snip]

The DocBook effectivity attributes enable this multi-doc
feature, but it's not trivial to implement.  But then, such
documents won't be trivial to write and manage either. 8^)