Can a DocBook Wizard Spare A Few Minutes?

I just converted a fairly large LinuxBook SGML document to
DocBook,  using the Brute Force and Massive Ignorance approach.

Strangely enough, it went pretty smoothly.  However,
I have run into a couple of problems,  that probably have
answers,  but I have not been able to find them on this list.

I will summarize them,  and perhaps this might actually get put into
the DocProj Primer (hint hint) someday.

0.  Edition information
    How do I get this to appear in HTML Output AND Tex Output
    so that it is under the title:

             Tex                   HTML
        This is the Title     OR   This is the Title
          2nd Edition              2nd Edition

1.  Deeper TOC Listings for HTML Output

    Right now the TOC only does two levels of listing.  I would
    like to increase the depth.  How do I do this?
    NOW                     WANT

    main                    main
     main.1                  main.1
      main.1.1                main.1.1
       main.1.1.1              main.1.1.1
       main.1.1.2              main.1.1.2
     main.2                   main.2
      main.2.1                 main.2.1

2.  How Do I Produce an Index?  I would like to do this
    for both HTML and PS output,  but I would be happy
    with just PS output.
    a) the markup notation in the body
    b) the jade + tex + tools to use

3.  How Do I Produce an Glossary?  I would like to do this
    for both HTML and PS output,  but I would be happy
    with just PS output.
    a) the markup notation in the body
    b) the jade + tex + tools to use

4.  The current tex output numbers pages,  but does not do it
    correctly.
                             Now          Should Be
    Title Page                                        (Correct - no number)
    Dedication               2               i
    Preface...               3-...           ii-...

    Part1                    n               1

    I KNOW just KNOW that there is a way to do this,  and I am going to
    probably hit myself with a dope slap when somebody tells me.

5.  I have tried to put images into the HTML and TeX / PS format.
    Other people have done it.
    a) What is the magic markup I need
    b) How do I convince the tex stuff to FIND the file containing the
       graphic?  I keep thinking that I did this a LOooonnng time ago,
       with a graphic tool,  but this was using latex and some macros,
       and it is long gone from my memory and archives.

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)