Re: DOCBOOK: auto-indent tool

[Im belive this belongs to docbook-apps, Im cc to there.]

On 09-Jun-00 madhu wrote:
> Hi,
> i am not sure about this, since i haven't used it for a long time but tidy
> has
> a indentation feature. please check it out  on
> www.w3.org site

AFAIK, tidy works only with HTML documents.

>  On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would be glad if someone could point me to an auto-indentation script
>> capable of formatting docbook source files so that for example
>> <figure id="sources-diagram"><title>
>> The source files structure
>> </><mediaobject>
>> <imageobject><imagedata fileref="../images/sources.png"
>> format="gif"></imageobject>
>> </mediaobject></figure>
>>
>> be rendered in:
>>
>> <figure id="sources-diagram">
>>     <title>The source files structure</>
>>     <mediaobject>
>>         <imageobject>
>>             <imagedata fileref="../images/sources.png" format="gif">
>>         </imageobject>
>>     </mediaobject>
>> </figure>

If you use XEmacs (www.xemacs.org) with PSGML
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/about_psgml/) , XEmacs with automaticaly
auto-indent your "new" SGML documents.
You just have to add to yours XEmacs configuration file (.emacs) the
following lines

(setq sgml-indent-data t)
(setq sgml-indent-step 2)

This will works with new documents, every time you insert a tag with using
XEmacs+PSGML comand Insert Tag (C-c C-e), XEmacs will auto-indent the tag for
you.

Regards.

Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza
http://www.br-unix.org/users/cess