Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.8

On 07/11/2014 09:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I just released a 8th TEST version of the next upcoming Cygwin release,
1.7.33-0.8.

I've done a little testing, and the only casualty so far seems to be the bash post install script. If you perform a clean install of Cygwin (x86 or x86_64) and install just the base packages with a test version of cygwin, then the bash post install script always exits with return code 1. The links '/dev/stdin', '/dev/stdout' and '/dev/stderr' are not created.

This is rectified by either invoking mintty and running the bash post install script manually, or by running setup again, keeping the test version of cygwin and getting setup to run the bash post install script.

This problem is not observed when installing cygwin-1.7.32-1; in this instance the bash post install script runs correctly and the three links are created.

Version numbers are as follows:

    setup 2.852
    cygwin-1.7.33-0.8 (also -0.4; I haven't tried the other test versions)
    bash-4.1.17-9

Tested under Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

Hope this is helpful,

Dave.