mandb hanging in post-install on x86_64

I've just performed a long-overdue update of both my 32-bit and 64-bit
Cygwin installations on one of my machines, and the mandb postinstall
step appeared to hang.  Specifically, I left it running for over half an
hour, and according to Process Explorer, it was maxing out one of my CPU
threads for that time.  I eventually killed mandb.exe from Process
Explorer, at which point the setup process appeared to complete without
further issue.

On 32-bit Cygwin, for comparison, the mandb postinstall phase took a
long time but eventually completed.

The setup.full.log file includes the following output; attaching the
full 4.3 MB file got my email blocked as spam, so I've uploaded it if
you want to check[0].

    /usr/bin/mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/csh.1 is a dangling symlink
    /usr/bin/mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/escp2topbm.1.gz: whatis parse for escp2topbm(1) failed
    /usr/bin/mandb: can't open /usr/share/man/man1/pdftex.1: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/pdflatex.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request

[0]: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/me-and/09a0292ca098cfd7705b/raw/setup.log.full

I've attached the results of `cygcheck -srv` run from the 64-bit
terminal shortly after the setup completed.

Running `mandb -c` manually from the terminal produced some similar
errors, but completed with stdout and stderr per the attached
mandb.stdout and mandb.stderr.

I then re-ran setup-x86_64.exe and selected to reinstall man-db.  Again,
the man-db postinstall script took a long time, but it completed
successfully on this run.

Given the second run was successful, I suspect this isn't a particular
priority to investigate, but I wanted to report in case there was any
useful information here.