Re: Change PS1 when running as administrator

Am 16.06.2014 22:04, schrieb Frank Fesevur:
Frank Fesevur writes:
When I run as administrator I change my PS1 from "$" to "#" with these
line in ~/.bashrc.

if id -Gn | grep -i Administrators > /dev/null
If anything I'd check for membership in group 544.  "Administrators"
surely is one of these strings that gets localized depending on the
phase of the moon or something.  I can't look right now, but I'm pretty
sure it says "Administratoren" in a german Windows version.
On all my Dutch Windows all group names are localized apart from
544/Administrators.
I can confirm it is localized in German Windows (as I had been told myself when I proposed the same idea here 2 months ago:) ).
# id
uid=1000(Frank) gid=513(Geen)
groups=513(Geen),0(root),544(Administrators),545(Gebruikers)

But I agree checking the numeric value is better.
As Corinna had said. Yet, I'd like to check official documentation to confirm "544" is a constant for this purpose. Other suggestions had been discussed (like checking something in /proc/something...).
Thomas

---