Re: socat with IP6 support?

> > > I don't think so.  I checked the available options on Windows again,
> > > and IPV6_DSTOPTS is not supported.  I applied a small patch a few
> > > minutes ago to add a few socket options our headers were missing,
> > > but there are still a lot of Linux socket options not supported on
> > > Windows which hinders CYgwin to support them.
> > >
> > > Any chance you could tweak this piece of code to be built only
> > > if IPV6_DSTOPTS is defined?
> > >
> > > Corinna
> >
> > I finally got back to this.  I seem to have worked around the problem in
> > socat v2.  I've uploaded new packages for 1.7 and 2 that have IPv6 support,
> > but that will need to be tested.  Andrew
>
> I can do that in my local IPv6 setup, if you give me an easy example...
>
> Corinna

To copy file1 to file2 on the localhost, run:

	socat tcp6-listen:7777 file2

to set up a listener, and:

	socat tcp6:[::1]:7777 file1

to connect to the listener and transfer the file.

If you have two hosts, you could try the same, running the first command
on the server, and the second command substituting the ipv6 address of
the server in place of ::1.