Re: checking in >= 256k file fatally corrupts rcs file

This is an additional comment on the thread starting with

Recently I was bitten again by this RCS 5.8 bug after I
failed to keep RCS at version 5.7 during a Cygwin update.

The failure mechanism is described in

I never received a response from Dr. Volker Zell and didn't
know how to contact the RCS maintainers.

Since RCS 5.8 destroys large files I would prefer Cygwin to
keep RCS 5.7 available until 5.8 has been fixed. Or go to
5.9 if that doesn't have the same problem.

I've now tried to contact the RCS maintainers by submitting
a bug report:

    http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?41707

Regards,

Peter Wagemans