Re: g77 on cygwin64

On 12/02/2014 16:07, Scott T. Marshall wrote:
Thank-you to those that responded with suggestions involving my fortran
issues. Fixing the code is not something I am going to pursue since the
source code was written by several different colleagues and is spread
out amongst many .f files. My colleagues have no interest in fixing it
since they have g77 on their unix machines, and to them, it isn't
broken. The strange thing is that gfortran does compile the code, but
once compiled, the executables have strange behavior mainly involving
problems reading in data files. So it is not clear to me exactly what
needs to be updated in the code.
I have tried to compile gcc 3.4.6 from source with no luck, but I am not
so good with compiler flags and makefiles. I will give it a go again,
but I am not optimistic.
So, to avoid further mean comments about my course of action being
"stupid", I will sign off.
-Scott

Hi Scott

As he wrote "Sorry for my terrible english...",
I assume it was not intentional offensive.

Coming back to your issue, it is really curious that gfortran compiles the code but behaves wrongly, I was expecting it rejects the code
if not in line with latest standard.
I saw rejected code with lapack some time ago, and the correction was trivial. But compiling and not working is a serious gfortran bug.

Have you a "short test case" ?

Regards
Marco