Re: dircolors generates output with '\r\n' ?

On 1/30/2014 12:04 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to use the dircolor command on CYGWIN, and it did not work because
the two lines, which this command produces are separated by CRLF (which when
sourced by bash are not understood, bash seems to expect single LFs):

LS_OPTIONS='...';\r\n
export LS_OPTIONS\r\n

Why there are Windows-style EOLs in there?

If you edit the file with a native Windows editor, it will typically
introduce the Windows-style EOL characters.  Use 'dos2unix' or your
favorite utility to clean that up.

--
Larry