Re: Access local drive over remote desktop

On Jan 20 12:39, Tom Robinson wrote:
> Hi, I'm wanting to copy a remote file to my local drive, using the redirection supplied by Microsoft Remote Desktop.
>
> This is how the drive appears in 'net':
>
> 	C:\Users\cbg.tom>net use
> 	New connections will be remembered.
>

> 	Status       Local     Remote                    Network
>
> 	-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  	                      \\TSCLIENT\HealthStat     Microsoft Terminal Services
> 	The command completed successfully.
>

> I can copy files using Windows Explorer, but can't access the drive from the cygwin command line:
>
> 	[2466 CBGSAS04:/cygdrive/e/Programs/autoexecs]$ cp Standard.sas //TSCLIENT/HealthStat
> 	cp: accessing `//TSCLIENT/HealthStat': Bad address
> 	[2467 CBGSAS04:/cygdrive/e/Programs/autoexecs]$ cp Standard.sas //cygdrive/TSCLIENT/HealthStat
> 	cp: cannot create regular file `//cygdrive/TSCLIENT/HealthStat': No such file or directory
>

> The first form used to work, it may have been the new version of Microsoft Remote Desktop which broke it.  FWIW the drive doesn't appear under //
>
> I realise I could map a drive letter, etc., but would rather get the built-in support working again.
>
> CYGWIN_NT-6.3

Works for me under Windows 7, doesn't work under Windows 8.1, not
even in Explorer.  I don't know why.  I'm not familiar with the
implementation of the tsclient stuff.  It's certainly not something
in Cygwin which would be different between Windows versions.  The
code to access UNC paths is entirely OS-agnostic.

Corinna

Red Hat