Re: RPM 4.11.1-1 fails on Cygwin 1.7.27-1 and -2

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:38:18AM -0500, Lord Laraby wrote:
>So, does cygwin now support installing software via Redhat Package
>Manager?

No, of course not.

>Or is this RPM just a cross install tool just used for cygwin on linux
>boxen?

We've had an rpm binary in the distribution for probably 10 years or
so.  This is nothing new.  Use it as you will but it is not going to
be a replacement for Cygwin's crude package manager any time soon.

>I tried to build RPM many long moons ago when cygwin was young, but
>other than very simple src packages, most everything failed to
>configure or build. Have these issues been worked out? I dropped it
>off my radar after too many sleepless nights...

Obviously if there is a new version of rpm in the build that means that
it possible to build it...

cgf