Troubles building PPL 1.0 on Cygwin64

Dear all,

I'm having issues building PPL (or more exactly the C interface of
PPL) on Cygwin64 (1.7.27, gcc/g++ 4.8.2).

It fails with undefined reference to ppl_unreachable() (defined in
src/assert.cc/hh) when linking the C interface (cygppl_c in
interfaces/C).
Note that this function is present as a weak symbol in cygppl.dll, but
does not appear in the import library libppl.dll.a, so that's surely
the issue here.
Disabling all the weak symbols magic in src/ppl.hh let ppl and its C
interface compile.
Note that PPL actually tests that weak symbols are supported, so it
thought it would be ok, and indeed the symbol is here n the shared
lib, but in the end it did not make into the import lib.

What's surprising is that I had no issues with Cygwin32.
So is gcc/g++/ld/binutils configured/behaving differently?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori