Please try newest snapshot (was Re: emacs-x11: new clipboard size limitation?)

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 04:56:27PM +0000, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>Tried bisecting through the X server versions for the past 6 months, and it
>seems that this problem first appears in X server 1.14.3-2
>
>(As an aside, it's probably relevant to the recent discussion, that I can't
>find the thread for, about how many previous versions we should keep around
>that it's not possible to do this bisection without 'Secret Knowledge' at the
>moment)
>
>This does contain a few clipboard changes, and in particular it changes the
>way the messages get processed so we will return to the select() more often
>(after each stage of the conversion operation), which it looks like it could
>be incorrect sometimes, but I'd expect this to cause unneeded blocking
>(waiting in select() for a message which has already been placed on the event
>queue by XPending() rather than the observed behaviour.
>
>Anyhow, I guess I need to look at this some more...
>
>> Talking about wndproc.c, it only checks iReturn for being < 0.  After
>> that, we don't really know which value it has, we only know that
>> FD_ISSET(iConnNumber, &fdsRead) returns 0.  The value of iReturn should
>> be printed in the debug output at line 133.
>
>It's 0 when I inspect it with the debugger, but yes, I'll change that.
>
>> What kind of object is the iConnNumber descriptor?  Pipe?  Fifo?
>> Socket?  /dev/windows?  We really need a simple testcase without the
>> X and emacs overhead...
>
>It's a socket connected to the X server.

I added an ugly hack to work around this symptom in the latest cygwin.
It shouldn't have any big impact on anything but this particular
scenario but I would appreciate it if people downloaded today's snapshot
and verified that things are still working ok.

I plan on addressing the actual problem for Cygwin 1.7.28.

cgf