sshd: Bad protocol version identification GET error

I'm running the latest sshd

I set up local port forwarding on my android phone using the ssh -L command

On my phone terminal emulator makes use of dropbear client v0.53.1

I set my browser proxy in orweb v2 0.4.4a to forward to the port specified
in the above command

Required connections initially succeed by I can't browse any webpage and I
get the following errors from sshd in windows event viewer

Does somebody know where the culprit lies ?

Event viewer
sshd: PID 4636: Bad protocol version identification 'GET http://yahoo.com/
HTTP/1.1' from [my-gateway-router-removed]
sshd: PID 5600: Bad protocol version identification 'CONNECT
check.torproject.org:443 HTTP/1.1' from [my-gateway-router-removed]