Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours (resending due to cygwin bounce)

On 1/28/2013 11:41 AM, toddcs wrote:
I, too, am now experiencing this texlive problem during Cygwin update, in
which I am trying to install Asymptote for the first time. I am on a
late-model laptop with up-to-date anti-virus software. I do not experience
such extreme bottlenecks at all in other contexts.

How about supplying some details? There should be information in /var/log/setup.log and /var/log/setup.log.full that would tell you where the delays were and, perhaps, why.

Ken