Re: Clang and windows headers

On 11/01/2013 6:41 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Yaakov wrote:

Forking an entire compiler within a
source package just for building that package?

I think ROOT guys have good reasons to have a patched version of CLANG if the new ROOT C++ interpreter they implement is called "cling"...

You can read more here: http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/cling
OT: if I understand right, they're not patching/forking Clang to make it a better compiler. They're essentially wrapping Clang with their own code to provide reflection and an interactive command-line interpreter for C++. That they can do it with ~7kLoC is pretty impressive.

Ryan