Re: Creating CD of installation packages: Download incomplete. Try again?

David Sastre Medina <d.sastre.medina <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 07:31:48PM +0000, Paul wrote:
>> Also, I was wondering if cygwin comes with release notes.  I wasn't able to
>> find any in the search described in my last post.
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new1.7.html

Thanks, David.  My request was a bit misguided.  I was thinking of release notes
for all of the cygwin install so that I could find the explanation for the
obsolescence of autorebase.  Autorebase is different package than the cygwin
package, so I shouldn't have expected release notes about autorebase there.
Also, it was clarified to me in this thread that autorebase is not obsolete.  It
is only designated as such for the purpose of cygwin's setup.exe so that it is
hidden by default in order to avoid confusion.

Knowing what I do now (and not yet knowing what is meant by an _obsolete package
"group"), I found a better way to determine if a package is obsolete.  Simply
use Package Search to search for the versionless package name.  It doesn't
contain release notes, but I confirmed that such a search turns up the
nonobsolete packages _autorebase & _update-info-dir, and not the obsolete
package libpoppler19.