Re: ls shows different permissions for the same file

On 9/12/2012 2:57 PM, Boemker, Tim wrote:
Larry,

Do you mean that, with a POSIX path, I get ACL-based permissions, but
with  Windows paths, I get just user-group-other permissions?

Not quite. The POSIX path will give you the correct mapping of Windows ACLs into ugo plus any additional ACLS that don't map will show up with the '+' indicator. With Windows paths, you get simple, hard-coded, ugo, without any indication of further ACLs, if they exist.

That sounds reasonable, but shouldn't they agree as far as they overlap?
In the following example, for example, shouldn't they agree whether foo is
writable by Domain Users?

No because with Windows paths Cygwin doesn't look at Windows ACLs. It just reports a default set of ugo permissions.

--
Larry