Re: /bin and /lib mount points occasionally lost

On 6/20/2012 7:26 AM, richw wrote:

marco atzeri-4 wrote:

cool down
your message of 19 Jun
has still an old one cygcheck.out as link.
so please so kind to provide us the right and updated info

Regards
Marco

I apologize. I have apparently been bitten by uploading two different files
with the same name. When I clicked on the link in the message of the 19th, I
got the correct file. So, after a name change, we have:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p34040469/cygcheck2.out cygcheck2.out

I see nothing strange.

On one of your previous post you mentioned

"bash: id: command not found"

this usually happens if the shell is not a login shell.
as the cygwin dir are not added to the path.

Eg
from cmd.exe in c:\cygwin
------------------------------
C:\>cd cygwin

C:\cygwin>bin\bash

$ id
bash: id: command not found
-----------------------------

while
-----------------------------
E:\cygwin>bin\bash  -l

$ id
uid=1008(marco) gid=544(Administrators) groups=544(Administrators),0(root),545(U
sers),513(None)

However for cygcheck you have:

Output from C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe
UID: 1000(rw)       GID: 513(None)
513(None)           0(root)             544(Administrators) 545(Users)
1002(HomeUsers)

Path:	C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
	C:\cygwin\bin
[cut]

Is it possible that some of your shell are incorrectly called ? Regards MArco