Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

On 2012-06-19 05:29, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
Rolf Campbell wrote:
$ svn up
Updating '.':
svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s6'
svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file
svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file

$ svn cleanup
svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s79'

<snip>

I've had the same problem, and have found a solution: this appears for me to be an interaction with TortoiseSVN, which I have on my machine and which is entirely unaware of Cygwin. Disabling TortoiseSVN's icon cache has completely resolved the issue for me. You can do this by running TortoiseSVN's Settings program, going to "Icon Overlays", and selecting "None" under "Status cache", then hitting Apply. That may explain why Rolf's been hitting this despite apparently having no AV installed. Adam

That's a very interesting discovery. I certainly am using TortoiseSVN. There must be some interaction between the most recent version of sqlite and TortoiseSVN's status scanner. I've been playing around with sqlite versions and I've confirmed what others have stated that it's only a problem with v3.7.12.1 and NOT a problem with v3.7.3.

I've upgraded back to v3.7.12.1 and disabled TortoiseSVN's icon scanner. It appears to resolve the problem for me as well.

I would hate to add TortoiseSVN to the BLODA.