Re: Win2000 compatibility

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 07:19:07PM +0400, iggor wrote:
>It appears that Cygwin SETUP.EXE at this time is uncompatible with
>Windows 2000, since it uses function GetModuleHandleExA which leads to
>error in searching entry point in kernel32.dll.  So, I cannot run setup
>at all, even get help with option.  AFAIK, this function is absent in
>all Win2k, not only my SP4, build 2195.

I finally managed to check this on a virtual machine at home.  At work I
could only check the sources and import list for setup.exe to see if
GetModuleHandleExA was referenced and I couldn't see any sign of it.
And, unsurprisingly, when I try setup.exe at home under W2K it does work
fine under Windows Service Pack 4.

If you're having problems it seems like you either have an old version
of setup.exe or a non-Cygwin version of setup.exe.