Re: Fw: Cygwin updates cause rebaseall errors

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Faylor" <

I'd highly suggest not including pointers to random web sites
as a method to fix this issue but, instead, point to the Cygwin FAQ and
the Cygwin mailing list.

Seems a sane suggestion to me.

I'm a bit dubious about providing a hard link to
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures
as it seems like the sort of link that might change.

Would "Go to http://cygwin.com/faq/ and see the section 'How do I fix fork() failures?'" be a better option ?

But then .... I'm not so sure about the advice offered in that FAQ entry. It says "Read the 'rebase' package README in /usr/share/doc/rebase/, and follow the instructions there to run 'rebaseall'".
But, although I have a /usr/share/doc folder, I don't have a /usr/share/doc/rebase/ folder.
I can see /usr/bin/rebase.exe and /usr/bin/rebaseall, and I can reproduce the problem that Chloe reported with Inline::C and Cygwin.
But I haven't yet fixed it, as I've been unable to work out how to successfully run 'rebaseall'.

I'll check this out properly when I get a chance. In the meantime, the question about the "best way" to refer to the relevant Cygwin FAQ entry still stands.

Cheers,
Rob