ctrl-c not working during bash command line editing

I use vi mode (set -o vi) in bash.  A couple of days ago I updated my
cygwin installation and now I'm no longer able to use ctrl-c to abort
command line editing.  Specifically, while typing a command or editing
a previous command from the history, it used to be possible to discard
the command text and return to a fresh prompt by pressing ctrl-c.  I
thought it might be something peculiar to my bash configuration, but I
get the same behavior when running bash with --norc.  I'm fairly
certain that the last time I updated my cygwin installation prior to
this was no earlier than December 2011.

Any help is appreciated; let me know if you need more information
(output of cygcheck -s -v -r attached).

Scott McCaskill