RE: File permissions problems with cp in Windows 7

I am a member of the local administrators.
It actually sounds like noacl is what we would want here. We are just using Cygwin shell as a basis for our build environment for ease of portability, but we're using Visual Studio etc, not building Cygwin executables. Not sure why I would actually want posix permissions for what we're doing.

Noacl certainly fixed the problem, however it would be good to understand why it happens.
In your attempt to reproduce, what does he getfacl show for the root /cygdrive/c directory? That seemed to be where the issue lay. Not sure whether what I see is to be expected.