Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1

Problem 1. I am not able to install Cygwin on Windows 7 x64. I get the following errors at the end of the installation:

"Postinstall script errors

       These do not necessarily mean that affected packages will fail to function
Properly, but please check /var/log/setup.log full and report any problems

Package: xinit

                xinit.sh exit code 3

Package: brltty

                brltty.sh exit code 1

Package: ec-fonts-mftraced

                postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh exit code 1

Package: exim

                exim.sh exit code 1

Package: rxvt

                rxvt.sh exit code 3

Package: singular-icons

                singular-icons.sh exit code 3"

Upon finishing the installation, I do not obtain the CYGWIN icon on my desktop as I requested, and the only two applications that appear on my "All Programs/Cygwin" folder are related to the application urxvtc-X.exe.

Problem 2: I cannot find the application that starts the X-Server.  I found the CYGWIN.bat file and created a shortcut on my desktop. The CYGWIN bash application seems to be working.

 I am using startxwin to start the X-Server; is this the the recommended method?