Re: [OT] mail clients [WAS: Python 2.7.2 compile error]

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 2/1/2012 2:22 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>> on this mailing list we do NOT top post and we don't feed spammer with
>>> e-mail adress of the others.
>>>

>> The one think I dislike about GMAIL is the fact that I can't change
>> the quote tag. ?I have to remember to go remove email addresses before
>> hitting send and I don't always remember.
>>

> for mailing list on gmail ?I use a serious mail reader (thunderbird)
> and not the web interface that in IMHO is a waste of time

I have used various clients including thunderbird and each has its
good and bad features and every user of a client has their views about
each client.  I started using GMail because I was in the process of
moving hosts where I normally receive mail and didn't want to miss the
list mail.  However, I've learned to appreciate the mail client GMail
gives and I especially like its SPAM filtering.  I've seen a few
misses both positive and negative but only a very few.

--
Earnie