Re: YA call for snapshot testing

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >Absolutely.  After updating cygwin, I reboot and run rebaseall -v
>> >first thing.
>>
>> FYI, as far as I can tell the stack trace that you provided did not seem
>> to come from the 20120123 snapshot.

OK, I didn't have the snapshot installed.  It was the 1.7.9 dll.  I
had copied it in, then found I couldn't start bash, backed out the
change, and rebooted, but I guess I forgot to redo it.

I just installed it and did some testing, and it seems to be working
OK.

I'll report back if I see another crash.  I just ran this test, in
parallel on 4 different source trees (each composed of 52 repos):
  git fetch origin
  git rebase origin/master
  git status

and not a single crash.  It's usually good for 3-5 crashes, if I do
them in parallel like that.

Fingers crossed.

NOTE: I run with CYGWIN="nodosfilewarning proc_retry:1" because I run
a lot of non-cygwin software from shell scripts, and during testing,
that can take 10's of minutes, I can't afford to have those programs
restarted if they crash on exit.  Before setting proc_retry:1, I once
saw a loop of a 30 minute test run that went on for 10+ iterations.

It would be really nice if you could apply proc_retry to cygwin
programs only.  Would that be possible?  Then, I could remove that
setting from CYGWIN and life would probably be better for me.