Re: Machine very sluggish while compiling

Anyway, stoppping the PCA service and setting its start mode to "Manual"
does the trick for me.

It does the trick for me too. For a long time I've been unable to build emacs using cygport's default for parallel make (-j5 because I have 4 cores). When I did this, I would either have the computer freeze (and I would have to shut it down with the power button) or else I would get a BSOD.

Since stopping PCA, the problem seems to be gone.

Ken