Re: displaying Chinese radicals

Linguis,
  The "radicals" you speak of are only a component part of a Chinese character and not the character itself, just as the little dot above a lower case 'I' is not an alphabet and doesn't have a code.

  If there is an encoding for the radical / which even if it is one of the few that are also complete characters, their shapes are very different from a complete Chinese character.  However if you have the fonts to display them and the encoding to use th
em you can, but it is not a cygwin issue.

 Such radicals can't even be display on a Cinese box as far as I know, especially know that the characters have been so simplified (mutilated in my opinion).

Wynfield