login: no shell: /bin/bash: Permission denied

Folks,
I have searched this and I see it has come up several times and I really don't want to frustrate anyone, but I have read the messages and was not able to see what the actual answer was.

I understand "su" does not work – answer use ssh. SSHD cannot start because user sshd cannot login. I run login sshd type in the password and then I get the message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Don