Re: GCC version 4.3 on Cygwin ?

On 01/08/2011 10:31 PM, Jan Chludzinski wrote:
Because our gcc maintainer went missing.  We hope Dave is ok, as we have
had no word from him.  However, in the meantime, we've had another
person (Yaakov) volunteer to pick up the slack; the recent release of an
updated GMP package were requested by the new volunteer to facilitate
the upcoming release of gcc-$newer.

Be patient.
I'm thankful that Cygwin exists and is the great product it is!

BUT, I just have an issue with GCC 4.3.  I compiled some terse
numerical (~1500 lines worth) and got one set of answers (using g++)
and I got another set of answers using MinGW with 4.5. The MinGW
results were what I expect - the same as I got using SuSE 11.4 with
g++ 4.6.  Also, the values I get using VC++ 2010.

Haven't had time to wade through the ~1500 lines of Runge-Kutta code
to find the needle-in-the-haystack.
FYI, I also encountered a gcc-4.3 miscompilation yesterday (an assertion not firing even though gdb's view of the world said it should have both before and after the fact). Fortunately, the "experimental" 4.5 gcc package seems to fix it.

Ryan