Re: GCC version 4.3 on Cygwin ?

On 8/1/2011 9:29 PM, Jan Chludzinski wrote:
> The latest version of GCC is 4.6.  The version used with MinGW is 4.5.
>  Cygwin uses 4.3.
>
> Why is Cygwin 3 versions behind?

Because our gcc maintainer went missing.  We hope Dave is ok, as we have
had no word from him.  However, in the meantime, we've had another
person (Yaakov) volunteer to pick up the slack; the recent release of an
updated GMP package were requested by the new volunteer to facilitate
the upcoming release of gcc-$newer.

Be patient.

--
Chuck