Re: how to port cygwin to vmware ?

On 7/6/2011 12:02 AM, abhishek srivastava wrote:
hi all
i want to interface(port) cygwin to VMware (ubuntu installed).
i want to take cygwin as server and VMware as client; connecting them via 'named pipes'  or virtual serial port.
i dont have serial port present on my laptop.

could any one tell me procedure how to do so?any documents relating to same?

any help would be appreciable.

Dear Abhishek:

Given the way these virtual machines work, you pretty much have
to communicate with them via network channels.  You can set up
a private network, internal to your PC, via which your programs
can talk to your virtual machine(s).  I would then say that the
appropriate sort of technique to use is something like ssh, to
run a "remote" command in the VM from cygwin.  Conceivably, by
using the bidirectional process channels available in gawk (a
GNU extension), you could easily script something more 'interactive',
that is, more back-and-forth.  Or you could write a program
that uses network connections.

Regards -- Eliot Moss