Re: file system name case insensitivity issue: Possible inclusion for the FAQ or User Manual?

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:28:53PM -0400, Lee Rothstein wrote:
>Issue: Possible confusing consequences of CYGWIN variable option:
>glob:noignorecase
>
>What follows is an edited transcript of my confusion about trying
>to find the command "xwin" (and eventual resolution), having
>forgotten about its capitalization. More specifically, I was
>trying to figure out if it was a binary or a script (not having
>used X in the last year, or so).
>
>BTW, the reason I had glob:noignorecase set was to catch
>capitalization errors on HTML file names I develop for a
>LAMP server.

Re: http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

  (no)glob[:ignorecase] - if set, command line arguments containing
  UNIX-style file wildcard characters (brackets, question mark, asterisk,
  escaped with \) are expanded into lists of files that match those
  wildcards.  This is applicable only to programs running from a DOS
  command line prompt.  Default is set.

There was no DOS command line prompt in anything below.

cgf