Re: newlib and long-double question

Exactly, I really need to be able to build Perl whose NV is a long
double. And this was just one example that I gave. I honestly think it
is worth it to have long double support in cygwin (to have those
functions that are currently undefined), as it seems more and more
clear that A) there is a use for them, and B) there are cases where it
really is needed.

IIRC, the whole point of cygwin is to have a unix-like environment
within a non-unix-like system, right? Does it not make sense to make
the back bone (libc) that much mroe complete, furthur augmenting
usability and compatibility?

Again, thanks to all of you for your time and input.

- N.C.