Re: Python numpy module is broken

Thanks.

I did try downgrading to gcc-4.3.4-3 yesterday and that didn't fix numpy.

However the problem with cyggfortran-3.dll does *sound* very relevant, so I'll have a more careful look at the issues and recheck what I've done.

----
Mark Hadfield          "Kei puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou"
m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz
NIWA

On 25/03/2011 8:55 AM, Mark Hadfield wrote:
> Some time in the last few days, the Python numpy module has broken (below)
>
> Python seems to be functional otherwise.
>
> The python and python-numpy packages are both up to date and haven't been changed recently.
>
> The failure occurs with cygwin-1.7.8-1, and with the cygwin1.dll snapshot I installed this morning to fix the "winmm.dll error 487" problem.
>
> The library associated with the failure appears to be this one:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.dll
>
> It's apparently where it should be and uncorrupted. Any suggestions?

You may be caught by the cygfortran-3.dll upgrade that came with
gcc-4.3.4-4, as lapack_lite.dll depends on cygfortran-3.dll.

See yesterdays thread "cyggfortran-3.dll broken?".

If so, downgrading from gcc-4.3.4-4 may fix it.