This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pthread_cancel+pthread_join problems when a thread executes "accept" TCP function
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:43:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: pthread_cancel+pthread_join problems when a thread executes "accept" TCP function
- References: <AANLkTimQzJHoawFjkygvbD4FDkKoaTgj4gNUrfAeLNjz@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 27 20:25, jdzstz - gmail dot com wrote:
> I have detected an issue with pthread_join when the thread is
> executing "accept" TCP function.
> If a thread is blocked in an accept TCP call, and a "pthread_cancel"
> and "pthread_join" are called from parent, in cygwin, the
> "pthread_join" is blocked forever until "accept" ends (that maybe
> never end) so the program gets blocked forever. In Linux and Solaris,
> it works fine (see below)
Thanks for the testcase! I applied a patch to Cygwin which should fix
this for all socket functions which potentially block.
Please test the latest developer snapshot (create today) from
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple