This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: max memory
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:19:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: max memory
- References: <000a01cbb58a$2ce4fd70$86aef850$@firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110117061117.GA3699@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <4D3CFC08.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 08:11:52PM -0800, Linda Walsh wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Cygwin only uses as much memory as the OS gives it. It can't
>> use a full 2048MB for the heap.
>Using the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag would allow cygwin to access
>up to a full 4GB of memory under Win7-64.
>Wouldn't that give enough to Cygwin to allow it to give more to the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple