Re: fork failing, already checked big list of evil applications

On 12/23/2010 4:13 PM, Jeff Cook wrote:
I sent this to the list yesterday but it hasn't appeared and I haven't
received any acknowledgements or anything like that, so I'm trying
again. Sorry if it appears twice.

I am trying to run duplicity in cygwin. When I try to run it, I am
prompted for a passphrase, but it crashes when Python tries to fork()
out a process. I uninstalled Symantec Antivirus per that big list of
bad applications, but I am still having this problem. I don't see any
other installed programs on big list of programs. Any ideas on how to
fix it?

Please follow the problem reporting guidelines found here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Without specifics and some baseline data, it's hard to do more than just guess at the problem and the solution. My WAG is that you are experiencing BLODA or need to rebase. Since you've made one pass at the BLODA issue, I would suggest installing the 'rebase' package, reading its README, and following the instructions there to rebase your system. That might help.

--
Larry