Re: Problem with fork() in latest snapshot

On Dec 7, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I ran the test case in a loop on my Windows XP system under various conditions -
> no load, load, no load with most services stopped.  I couldn't reproduce the
> problem.
>
> I also tried on a virtual system running Windows 7 64-bit and couldn't duplicate
> it.
>
> So, I'm currently stumped.  I guess I'll try to add some instrumentation to catch
> the case where this fails.
>
> cgf

That's odd, the test case was failing for me on Win7 x64, x32, and x32 under virtualization.

FWIW, the test case is apparently working now on the latest snapshot (tried 20101212). But if I run it in strace, there's still an exception message hidden in the output:

--- Process 3916, exception C0000005 at 610E124A

As mentioned in another message, I was seeing this exception in even the released 1.7.7-1 cygwin when running in strace (even though the test case was apparently working). It might be moot, as there's no sign of a problem when the test case is run normally.

I'll attach the trace output of the testcase running under the latest snapshot.