Re: gitk kills bash shell

On 9/28/2010 9:40 PM, Jeremy Ramer wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Ryan Johnson<ryanjohn@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
This sounds suspiciously similar to a problem that hit me a while back:

The short version is, running certain apps in the background triggers a bug
in tty handling.
Last I heard Corinna was having trouble diagnosing because the bug also
kills strace :)

No fix yet AFAIK.
I was afraid of that. It just started happening for me after upgrading
to cygwin 1.7, as well as to others in my company.
One nice thing, at least, is it takes a very specific setup to trigger the bug. You may be able to get a usable workaround by changing how it's called (see the thread above for ideas).

Hopefully we get a fix for this soon, though.

Ryan