Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Testing: mintty-0.9b2-1

On 8:59 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
mintty 0.9b2-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors. This is a test release.

a .zip can be downloaded from http://mintty.googlecode.com.
FWIW, I've been using a home-built mintty-0.9b2 from googlecode all day with no problems (loving extended mouse mode!). I swear I just checked setup.exe two hours ago, but I'll check again and switch to official one when I get a chance.

FYI, it looks like you can enable extended mouse mode manually (echo -ne '\e[?1005h'), and it persists across normal mouse mode sessions. This is handy because
(a) emacs-23 can use it out of the box and
(b) it works around gnu screen intercepting and ignoring the escape sequence

Xterm compatibility:
- 'Extended Mouse Mode' as introduced in xterm #262 is now supported.
This allows row/column positions greater than 255 (and up to 2015) to
be reported, in case you do get that 30'' monitor ...
Woohoo!

Regards,
Ryan