Re: .exe magic in Cygwin

> Coreutils tends to be an exception, because it is so core to the system.
> ?Other tools that I also maintain, like m4 or findutils, port with 0
> patches.

Thank you. That gives me back some optimism.

I first compiled coreutils without the cygwin patch. It did compile
but afterwards the compilation of findutils, etc. was broken. For
example configure.status of wget was truncated at the top and out of
order at the bottom. That stopped all further efforts of mine.

Now I applied that big patch.

copy.c complaints an error of an undefined reference ot
'cygwin_spelling'. Guess that is a library I have to install.

But some optimism is back

Al