----- Original Message ----- From: "Blaine Miller" To: <cygwin>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 17:51

| Hello,
| | I have a need for ssmtp to send out a *job completed* email from within | a script that is called as an entry in a cron table. I've read all I can | from the *Installing and configuring ssmtp* man pages as well as the | Knowledgebase and FAQ's on the cygwin site. From what I gather it should | be possible to do this.

Seen from the cron point of view, if the cron job produces any output on stdout
or stderr, the output will be placed in an e-mail sent to you (you can configure the
address in the MAILTO variable).
As as recall, the ssmtp-config script will ask you if you want sendmail to point to
ssmtp. If you answer yes, cron will use ssmtp to send the e-mail.

Pierre