(please ignore) can't delete dirs made on cygdrive from within windows

Nevermind, it's not a cygwin problem.

Sorry :(

===
So letâs say Iâm at a cygwin bash prompt and Iâ
cd /cygdrive/c/backup
mkdir test
(Iâve set my umask to be 000)

The dir âtestâ can not be deleted from windows. All security permissions would indicate that it is delete-able. There are NO handles open to the directory that Process Explorer can find. The dir will delete fine from within cygwin. I have admin rights on the PC. The problem doesnât happen to files, just directories.

If I do this:
cd ~ (to go to /home/myaccountname)
mkdir test

This âtestâ directory can be deleted from windows, no problem.

Iâm completely stumped and baffled. I just got the new cygwin dll 1.7.3-1 and this is a fresh âbase + rsync onlyâ install on a winXPpro x86 PC.