Re: Strange symlink behaviour

Here is an update from my experiments (sorry for the delay). As Corinna explained, symlinks created in Cygwin are only recognized by Cygwin, so what I wanted to do wasn't really possible. However, we still wanted to be able to update the share from Windows (a GUI application was written for the operator to update the share when a new release is available), so I really wanted to figure out a way to make this work on Windows. The solution was to use hard links in the tar file (which doesn't use up any more space), and when it was untar'ed on Windows, everything worked as expected.

Thanks for all the help,
Alfred