Re: subversion: svn2cl

On 12/24/2009 12:08 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
I have begun using svn2cl[1] to manage the cygport ChangeLog. While this
will only be a dependency for me and not for building from a source
tarball, this should really be added to the distro.

There are two alternatives:

1) As is done by other Linux distros[2][3], ship with subversion the
(older) version of svn2cl from the subversion tarball with an upstream
patch for compatibility with the latest libxml2[4], OR

2) one of us ITP the latest upstream version separately (I have a
package ready[5]).

Which would you prefer?

My initial preference is to package svn2cl as well as the other subversion tools either with subversion or in a separate subversion-tools package as is done on Debian. I had avoided doing this before because of the questionable licensing status for many of the tools.

Let me look into this over the next week.

Absentee, n.:
        A person with an income who has had the forethought to remove
        himself from the sphere of exaction.