Re: Core dump on hello world.

On 09/14/2009 02:04 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
Dave Korn wrote:

   Nah, hang on, I'll give the psychic debugging a go.<places hand to
forehead, covering eyes, waves other hand out in front of me in a
mystical-looking way>   I'm getting something.... the spirits are talking... or
maybe it's just the beer...  and they tell me: The problem is that the CPUID
instruction in your virtual machine is returning some kind of bogus output
that's leading set_fpu() to believe the CPU supports SSE, but the emulation in
fact does not, and it blows up here:

0x697826c4<set_fpu+164>: stmxcsr -0x14(%ebp)

Also, is your CPU a VIA by any chance, maybe a C7?

No, its an AMD Phenom II. However, your hints were correct. I disabled the VirtualBox System::VT-x/AMD-V features and the problem goes away. What Crystal Balls you have!

:)

Jerry