Re: ssh and sftp connects intermittently

At 12:41 PM 9/2/2009, you wrote:
On 09/02/2009 03:28 PM, jeffunit wrote:
I use ssh from a dos box on windows to connect to other machines, It
works fine right after I log into windows. After a while, it doesn't work
reliably.

I type something like 'sftp example.com I get a response 'Connecting to
example.com...' About 1 time in 10, I get the next line which is
'Password:'

This problem has been going on for at least a year, and is not specific
to a specific release of cygwin. The site 'example.com' is pingable, and
all other internet access works reliably. I would like to help debug this
problem in any way I can, to help resolve it.

Any ideas?

I sftp'd and ssh'd to example.com from Fedora 8 and it hung on me too. This doesn't seem like a Cygwin problem to me.

I wasn't really using example.com example.com is reserved domain name that is to be used for examples in books and other publications. Other domain names examples used in books sometimes resolve to real domains, which isn't generally desired... See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Example.com

I was using my personal domain, www.weasel.com
However the problem also shows up when I use sftp or ssh to machines on
my internal lan, that I know are working.

jeff